Bay Area Canoe and Kayak Fishing Club

Where friends get together to share the Tampa Bay area waters.

Forums

Forum Home > Fishing Reports > Ft Desoto 6-10-2-14

Joe Messina

Hello,

Ft Desoto was off yesterday, meaning the tide was sooo extreme lows/highs. Anyways mostly did the sand bar near the boat lauch area. Trout and snook were all over coming up to sand bar during outgoing. Weird though. Im thinking of doing some nighttime canoe fishing with higher tides. I was only throwing doa, and a few gulps and a little hard plastic..8)

Joe

--

--

Joe Messina

8-13-727-4555

Fishing Canoe w/trolling motor...

June 11, 2014 at 12:09 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lady Luck

Hang in there

June 16, 2014 at 7:50 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe Messina

Hello all,

Must say me and my canoe had quit the adventure 12.29.14. As usual I love to solo in my canoe. Never a problem of moving or whatever. Havng saild that I must confess, fish were on fire. No live bait all arti's...the usual as they say. My best snook ever came to me on this day. She measure in at 41.5 inches, weight of 15.5lbs , fish gave me about a 10 minute battle. She deployed all the defenses a larger snook has to offer, including, mangrove runs, jumps. circled the boat a several times, and just muscling about. I used my 3000 reel with 10lb braid affixed to 25 lb florocarbon leader. Finally after landing her and getting some stupid pics she was revived completely and released. Nice day and memories especially as is always the case for me....Happy New Years and health to all...Joe

--

Joe Messina

8-13-727-4555

January 2, 2015 at 4:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

ratherbefishin
Administrator

Tight work!  The Fort always seems to be good between cold fronts this time of year.

--

Curt Willocks

January 3, 2015 at 3:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Joe Messina

No worries but my secret swash channel is not at the fort. But must admit the fort is great too...usually fishing the fort but from time to time I like to break out to other spots...

--

Joe Messina

8-13-727-4555

January 4, 2015 at 12:14 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Lady Luck

Nice job Joe.

--

Oh ya, I fish

January 13, 2015 at 10:03 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.