Bay Area Canoe and Kayak Fishing Club

Where friends get together to share the Tampa Bay area waters.

Forums

Forum Home > Goombas and Gatherings > February Meeting and Goomba

ratherbefishin
Administrator

"Hope you can join us for our regular meeting at 6:30PM on Tuesday Feb. 16th at Bill Jackson's. Our speaker is Florida Sportsman writer and Professional Guide Ray Markham. Ray fishes our Tampa Bay waters daily, specializing in artificial baits and will give us tips, not only on the use of those baits, but how to find the fish. Always a popular speaker, Ray's presentations are timely, especially his advice on fishing the weather changes we are dealing with this time of year.

There will be the usual gourmet hot dogs, door prizes and fishing tales.

This is a good time to pay your annual membership dues before the March deadline. $30 for a single membership or $40 for a family can be paid on-line on our website or bring a check or cash to the meeting, whichever is most convenient. We appreciate your support.

The Goomba will be Feb. 20th, 7:00AM, launch at the Ft.Desoto 50 cent toll bridge. Immediate right after the toll plaza. Plenty of parking and varied locations to fish with an incoming tide.

See you at the meeting."

--

Curt Willocks

February 9, 2016 at 8:00 AM Flag Quote & Reply

FCPO

Don't want to sounf dense but not originally from area so would someone provide me with the address to "Bill Jackson's"?

Regards

FCPO

February 9, 2016 at 4:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

FCPO

Disregard that question. Read a little more and found it..............:P

February 9, 2016 at 4:25 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

Hey All. Sorry that I couldn't make the meeting, but I will be there grill and all. So don't bring food, just drinks for yourself.

--
February 16, 2016 at 8:57 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

Donald at February 16, 2016 at 8:57 PM

Hey All. Sorry that I couldn't make the meeting, but I will be there grill and all. So don't bring food, just drinks for yourself.

--
February 16, 2016 at 9:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

--
February 17, 2016 at 5:35 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

--
February 17, 2016 at 9:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Islander

Don,

I heard that some members are doing a later start to let the day warm up a little.  What time do you plan to grill?  So that everyone, including newbies, knows what time to return to shore.

February 18, 2016 at 12:07 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Islander

Anyone wanting to do a Gentlemen's Start, as CA Richardson recommended in winter time, a couple of us are meeting at 7am for breakfast at Skyway Jacks.  2795 34th St. S,  just south of 26th Ave S.

A good breakfast, a little bit of fishing, and Don's grilled lunch .... sounds like a perfect day.

February 19, 2016 at 8:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.