Bay Area Canoe and Kayak Fishing Club

Where friends get together to share the Tampa Bay area waters.

Forums

Forum Home > Let's Go Fishing > Ready to go fishing!

Fish_warrior

I'm at MacDill and would like to meet someone to do a bit of kayak fishing. Anyone looking for a fishing buddy?

April 25, 2016 at 9:33 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David L
Administrator

Hey FW, do you have any days and places that you want to fish? I am in South Tampa as well. I can only go out on weekends these days. I have too much work to do during the week these days.

--

Pink Paddle Tails catch Flounder!

April 26, 2016 at 7:52 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fish_warrior

Hey David! Thanks for the reply. I'm open to any new places that produce fish! :)

I'm doing pretty well in the mangroves here at MacDill, but am wanting to venture out and find some new places to put in and fish. I'm open on weekends, other than Saturdays for the next few weeks I'm coaching my son's baseball team. Where would you like to fish? Maybe on a Sunday? I've been chatting with another member (Sam) and he wants to link up and fish too. Let's make it happen!

April 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David L
Administrator

Saturdays are my main fishing day. Plenty of places to go around here. Picnic Island, Gandy Beach, 4th Street, Fort Desoto to name a few. Feel free to ping me with questions. Often last minutes decisions so it can be tough to plan ahead. Come to our club meeting on the 17th. 

--

Pink Paddle Tails catch Flounder!

May 1, 2016 at 4:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Fish_warrior

I plan on coming to the next meeting I can. On the 17th I have to be in DC for work.  I'll be at the next one! Saturdays are usually the best days for me as well. I'm coaching my son's baseball team right now but in three weeks the season will be over and my Saturdays will be free again. I have heard Fort Desoto is good fishing, I'd sure like to be showed the best places to go.

May 1, 2016 at 6:29 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.