Bay Area Canoe and Kayak Fishing Club

Where friends get together to share the Tampa Bay area waters.

Forums

Forum Home > Goombas and Gatherings > Meeting and Goomba

Donald

I was just wondering if the goomba location has been set? I cannot make meeting, but I will be at Goomba. 

--
August 15, 2016 at 11:01 AM Flag Quote & Reply

KayakNinja

i'll be at the meeting. if they don;t announce it by then i will found out and post back.

August 15, 2016 at 2:04 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

YAY for Dunedin Causeway!!

August 17, 2016 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

I will be West of the kayak rental place about 500 feet from bridge. Champagne colored Kia Sorento.

--
August 19, 2016 at 9:41 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

We had a great time at the Goomba. We had a good turnout, 15 of us braved the beautiful weather. 

August 23, 2016 at 7:36 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Kenw
Is anyone going this Saturday
August 23, 2016 at 8:53 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

Where are you thinking of going?

August 23, 2016 at 8:34 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PackerYaker

Hi guys........I see that you folks are planning your next Goomba at Ozello on Sept. 24.  Just to let you know that the high water from Hermine flowed through Pecks Old Port Cove restaurant, and the owners are still in the process of cleaning up.  I'm guessing that it may not be available for a meet up after fishing (but don't know their plans for reopening).  The Backwater Fins restaurant near the town of Ozello is open.  Also, for those not familiar with the area, you may want to exercise caution in heading west from the launch site toward the open Gulf, as high tide is at 10 a.m., meaning you'd have to paddle against an outgoing on your return trip.  If the wind happens to be from the east / southeast, it could be a tough paddle coming back. The St. Martins River and Fish Creek areas just down the road are also good spots to try.  You can check out my website (http://fishingkayaks.us) for further info. 

After a slow summer season, redfish seem to be moving back into the area, and the next few months should be some of the best fishing of the year.

Good luck to you.

Gary Rankel (Packeryaker)   

--

Proper Planning Prevents Piss-Poor Performance

September 18, 2016 at 8:54 AM Flag Quote & Reply

PackerYaker

FYI, Pecks has just posted that they are now open for business.

--

September 19, 2016 at 8:07 AM Flag Quote & Reply

David L
Administrator

Thanks PakerYaker... Great info and so cool that Pecks is back in business. Gonna have a spend a few bucks to help them out. Looks like we will be taking a right out of the launch instead of a left. Ride the tide in and ride it out.

--

Pink Paddle Tails catch Flounder!

September 22, 2016 at 6:47 PM Flag Quote & Reply

PackerYaker

Right, David........the area to the southeast or northeast should be the way to go and ride the tide both going and coming.

--

September 23, 2016 at 4:08 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Donald

I will be cooking at this Goomba. Come one, come all.

--
October 21, 2016 at 4:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.